Precision Manufacturing – PMRAP/2.0
Precision Manufacturing Training Program (PMTP) – Year 1 (July 1, 2012-June 30, 2013)
The Goals of the Year 1 Plan
The Regional Employment Board of Hampden County, Inc. (REB), in collaboration with the Western Massachusetts Chapter of the National Tooling and Machining Association (WMNTMA) and the PMRAP/2.0 Leadership Steering Committee, has developed a Four (4) Year Strategic Plan to respond to the workforce development needs of the regional precision manufacturing industry. The Year 1 Plan will implement the $750,000 Precision Manufacturing Training Program (PMTP) which will be a demonstration project intended to accomplish the following goals:
- Implement new pipeline training programs and flexible delivery models utilizing the present public education/ training infrastructure.
- Create a new training program and delivery model partnering a precision manufacturing company and a vocational technical high school.
- Construct and implement a complementary career pathway continuous improvement program for incumbent and newly hired employees.
- Produce a Business Impacts Report to validate program accountability and measure the business impact of the workforce interventions.
- Produce a Replication Manual to document promising and scalable practices and protocols for replication in other regions of the Commonwealth.
The Anticipated Outcomes
The PMTP will achieve the following completion and placement outcomes during the time period of July 1, 2012-June 30, 2013.
|Participants Completing Training and Securing Full Time Employment||114|
|Total New Employees||114|
|Incumbent Employees Completeing Training||246|
The Plan Design
The PMTP year 1 plan seeks to create industry aligned training programs that will result in career-directed, sustainable employment positions for broad segments of unemployed/underemployed individuals in Hampden County, with a particular focus on individuals living in the Gateway cities of Springfield and Holyoke.
Target Population – The PMTP will primarily target unemployed/underemployed adults and youth (18-26) within the following broad categories: Veterans, Career Chnagers, Traditional High School Graduates, and Out of school youth aged 18-16.
Training Programs - The PMTP plan will implement five (5) training program models to give participants from the target populations the competencies required to obtain and retain full time career pathway employment positions in the precision manufacturing industry in the Pioneer Valley Region.
- On-the-Job Training
- Manufaturing Technologies Pathway Program
- Industry Fast Track
- Basic Skills Transitional Program
- Incumbent Employee Pathway
For further information please contact David M. Cruise at (413) 755-1362, firstname.lastname@example.org