Funding for Worker Training & Hiring Tax Credits
On-the-Job Training is Available
The REB has been awarded funding for On-the-Job Training wage reimbursements for qualified projected new hires . For more information, contact Melissa Scibelli at 413-755-1360 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. See Relevant Links to the right for more information.
Workforce Training Fund Grants
Opportunities exist for employers to apply for Workforce Training Fund Grants to train your workforce via various programs. Click on this link for more information!
Work Opportunity Tax Credits
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit available to employers for hiring individuals from the following target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment:
- Unemployed Veterans (including disabled veterans)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Recipients
- Food Stamp (SNAP) Recipients
- Designated Community Residents (living in Empowerment Zones or Rural Renewal Counties)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referred Individuals
- Supplemental Security Income Recipients
- Summer Youth Employees (living in Empowerment Zones)
- Qualified Long-Term Unemployment Recipient
Click here for a chart on the certification criteria for the WOTC target groups.
WOTC helps targeted workers move from economic dependency into self-sufficiency as they earn a steady income and become contributing taxpayers, while participating employers are able to reduce their income tax liability. The maximum tax credit ranges from $1,200 to $9,600, depending on the employee hired.
To see all the state has available to MA employers go to the Mass BizWorks website at www.mass.gov/ebe!